If you are planning your stay in Katowice, you should definitely sightsee one of the most popular and memorable attractions in the Silesia region – the Ogrodzieniec Castle. This place is situated on the Eagles’ Nest Trail, a part of the Jurassic mountains range. The whole building is breathtaking. All because of its tremendous size and location. Castle is located on the highest hill of the Upland with numerous limestone rocks around it. Moreover, if you are a lover of Sapkowski’s Saga „The Witcher” this is an obligatory place you must visit. This will be an unforgettable experience for you, because some of the world famous Netflix series were shot here. Landscape around the castle creates a perfect scenery for this type of movie and makes a great impression. Join us for this tour to find out for yourself!
We can offer you private tours from Katowice to Ogrodzieniec Castle on your request
1. pick up from your hotel in Katowice at the agreed time
2. around 1 hour drive from Katowice to Ogrodzieniec Castle with our English-speaking driver by private car/van
3. exploring the Ogrodzieniec Castle for up to 1,5 hour on your own, we will provide you a map of the route, self-guided tour when you will be able to see:
- Castle Museum – placed under the credence hall. Here we will admire models of the castle – from the times of its glory and to nowadays condition. Moreover, you will explore archaeological finds from the castle and the vicinity of Mount Birow in Podzamcze. Also, you can see a film which shows everyday life at the Ogrodzieniec Castle in the times when it was a magnate’s residence.
- Armory – this exhibition shows most prominent moments for local history. Here you will be able to find high-quality replicas of armor, uniforms and weapons as well as mini-dioramas.
- Torture Chamber – this place is located in the outer ward of the Ogrodzieniec Castle. Here you can see and get knowledge about old tools of torture and execution techniques. There are machines such as: The Witches’ Chair, Spanish Boot, Garota, Judas Cradle, and the Iron Maiden.
4. about 1 hour drive back from Ogrodzieniec Castle to Katowice
5. drop off at your hotel , end of the tour
Whole tour lasts up to 3,5 hours
- 450 PLN per person (1 persons)
- 240 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 190 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 170 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 150 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 140 PLN per person (6 persons)
- 130 PLN per person (7 persons)
- Contact us (8 persons or more)
- hotel pick up and drop off after the tour
- assistance of private English-speaking driver during whole tour
- private transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned car/van
- entrance tickets to the Ogrodzieniec Castle,
- local map with the route of the tour inside the castle museum
- free time to walk around the castle on your own
*Please remember that this place is possible to visit only between April – November.