Katowice is very famous for its industrial aspects. It has not long, but very extreme history, which resulted in a fascinating variety of such architectural styles like German Gothic, inter-war Art Nouveau and some shockingly different socialist architecture. The Industrial Revolution, which took place there, changed a small village into a modern urban center of great industrial, economic and political importance. Nowadays we are able to see how developed Katowice has become. This city developed in multinational, multicultural and multireligious aspects. Come with us and discover the most important sites of Katowice, the capital city of Upper Silesia.
1. tour start from meeting with our tour guide at your hotel at chosen time ( if your hotel is located quite far we can offer you private transfer service for an extra charge or we can meet in a predetermined place )
2. 3 hours of sightseeing of the centre of Katowice, during which you will be able to see all important sites of this district of the city:
- Main Market Square – the most recognizable place, where you can see architecture from mid-nineteen century; during the years of the People’s Republic of Poland, a number of historic tenement houses were destroyed in order to create new, modern facilities. One example of these buildings is Silesian Theatre, which is a cultural institution named after S. Wyspianski. Moreover, this Theatre is known as the biggest drama stage in the region.
- Shopping Malls „Zenit” and „Skarbek” – those places were built during the communist times. Zenit was the first of this kind of facility in Poland – opened in 1962 was an example of modernity having things like an escalator. However, in a short period of time it turned out that one such facility would not be enough for the developing, enormous agglomeration. Due to this fact another store was built, much larger than the previous one – Skarbek.
- Silesian Insurgents Park – enormous park located in the city centre of Katowice With the Monument to the Silesian Insurgents – this monument commemorate citizens who took part in 3 uprisings against German authorities
- Spodek Hall – the symbol of Katowice – this magnificent steel construction, which has got round shape is the most recognizable place in whole Katowice City. There are hold the most important sport and show events .
- 350 PLN per person (1 person)
- 180 PLN per person (2 persons)
- 120 PLN per person (3 persons)
- 90 PLN per person (4 persons)
- 80 PLN per person (5 persons)
- 70 PLN per person (6 persons)
- Contact us (7 persons or more)
* service of our professional private city guide, who can show you around the city and tell your stories for up to 3 hours of walking sightseeing tour of Katowice in one of the following languages :
English, German, French, Russian
*some languages may be subject to availability and prices can vary